Go Back   Home Talk Entertainment Forums > Home Talk > Home Talk

Home Talk General chatting. Talk about whatever you want!

Sub-Forum: HTE Games- Entertain yourself with the games played here at HTE

Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
always1stepbehind
Presidential Member

Default Anyone here watch Sister Wives?

well ask me what I did most the day yesterday?? Besides going out for a couple hours, all I did was watch a bunch of Sister Wive episodes from last season and then the first episide of the new season.

I think I'm hooked :-)
always1stepbehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Gaelacha
Topaz Member

DD and I have watched since the very first episode. I've vacillated on thinking this lifestyle is ok, and then feeling its not. It is definitely interesting, never boring due to what I think is Cody's kind of drama-queenish surfer-duuuuude behavior and attitudes.
Gaelacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
always1stepbehind
Presidential Member

I've watched on and off, saw a few episodes here and there. The last I saw was when they left Utah for Vegas, when the first were looking at the four lots and when they were looking at space to possilbly open a gym.

It's getting interesting with the older kids getting ready for college and the choice they will make regarding polygamy or leading a monogomous relationship.
always1stepbehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Gaelacha
Topaz Member

No kidding. Several of them clearly don't support this lifestyle and have been pretty vocal about it too. Which is good that they have been raised with the freedom to express their own opionions without fear of recrimination or the expectation that they will become little polygamy clones....
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
FLLDYTRKR
Presidential Member

hey the lifestyle works for them..so go for it..I can understand how it would be an easy lifestyle to adapt to. Some women are much more career driven where others are much more motherly..this way you could have the best of both worlds.

I do wonder if Meri will take Robyn up on her offer...

I am surprised they are building 4 homes vs building on large home set up like the house back in Utah. I really thouse they would find land outside of town and build a compound to call their own.

The spoke of the divison of the family they all felt living apart now--so I do not see how 4 seperate homes will solve this issue.
One area I am a bit unsure about is how the funds are being divided for the building of the homes--Not sure is right they split the funds 4 ways--Meri has one child, who will soon be living home and will have a home as large as others that will have many kids home for a long time yet. Seems like there should be a better way to divide the money and size of the home up. JMHO

Last edited by FLLDYTRKR; 11-21-2012 at 01:10 AM.
FLLDYTRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
cathyb
Triple Platinum Member

I haven't watched it in a while but I must say, at the end of each epi, I always feel conflicted about what I had just watched. My dh hates, hates, hates that show as he feels it is totally disrepectful to women in general and the women/girls of the show.

Personally, there would be no way in heck I would ever live that lifestyle and I don't have a positive feeling that all the "wives" will be together in the long run.
cathyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
chickypea
Elite Royal Member

The husband on the show is a pig. He thinks he is god's gift to women, a real "rock star"- what a slimy little twerp he is. I have no idea why those women tolerate him. I'd have thrown his sorry ass out long ago.

We're all connected - to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, and, to the rest of the universe atomically. We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.~ Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson ~
“Don't look at me in that tone of voice.” ~ Dorothy Parker
chickypea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
BigRuby
Platinum Member

Location: The World's Most Famous Beach, close to Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickypea View Post
The husband on the show is a pig. He thinks he is god's gift to women, a real "rock star"- what a slimy little twerp he is. I have no idea why those women tolerate him. I'd have thrown his sorry ass out long ago.

I've never watched the show but have seen the promos. Definitely do not agree with the lifestyle, but you describe how I feel with my limited exposure to the group.
BigRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickypea View Post

Well, chicky I guess you don't like or watch the show. I've watched from the beginning. Not that I agree with their lifestyle, etc. but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm intrigued watching the wives interaction and watching the children grow up. Kody is Kody. I don't care for him but I don't agree with the above description. I don't think he thinks he's God's gift nor a rock star. lol It's their lifestyle and if it works for them, it works for them. Which reminds me, I was going to go online and look at that jewelry site they have now.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
RJ-TX
Platinum Member

From the commercials, it looked like one of the wives wanted to leave. Is that the case or was that just a tease?
RJ-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
winky

It was a tease. I thought the same and was waiting for the show last night to see. She was saying she does all the financial stuff for the whole family and sometimes she just wants to run away. That's all we saw on the commercial but on the show last night she laughed after she said that.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
Anninca
Platinum Member

I think Kody appears to be a very caring individual and he cares about his children and yet will allow them to make their own decisions. I do not agree with polygamy but if they are happy that is what matters. At least they support themselves and aren't on welfare. Also the wives seem to have quite a bit of freedom and are not dominated by Kody.
Anninca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Marzipan
Double Platinum Member

The show makes me very angry and I don't know why. The reason I don't know why is that each of them are adults and they KNOW what they are doing. I am very open minded when it comes to most things like this, but I just can't watch the show.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
Gaelacha
Topaz Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzipan View Post
The show makes me very angry and I don't know why. The reason I don't know why is that each of them are adults and they KNOW what they are doing.

Yes they do know what they are doing....because they were raised up in a polygamist society, THEY don't believe they are doing something wrong. It is natural and normal to them, not a statement of wrongdoing. They readily admit it isn't for everyone, no one is holding a gun to any of these women's heads, they are there willingly.

Clearly it evokes strong feelings among viewers. I guess I would say that if it makes viewers angry don't watch it. But if you haven't watched the show, all you can say is you don't agree with the lifestyle and don't watch it. In order to render an informed opinion though, you almost do have to watch it because it isn't always what you might think AND there is much that will surprise you.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #15
winky

Well said, Gaelacha. And we have a remote to change those channels. lol