Go Back   Home Talk Entertainment Forums > Religion > Evangelical Christians

Evangelical Christians Share traditional Christian beliefs, inspirational stories, ideas, the Bible and more!

Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
SoCalAngel
Presidential Member

Default 6/20/2011-Max & Chambers Daily Devotionals + Daily Verse

Monday, June 20, 2011

Quote:

No, O people, the LORD has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 New Living Translation [NLT] (Read all of Micah 6)
Quote:

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 New International Version [NIV] (Read all of Micah 6)
Quote:

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8 King James Version [KJV] (Read all of Micah 6)
Quote:
Max Lucado Daily: Everyday Blessings

June 20

“After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me.”
John 14:3

Note the promise of Jesus. “I will come back and take you to be with me.” Jesus pledges to take us home. He does not delegate this task. He may send missionaries to teach you, angels to protect you, teachers to guide you, singers to inspire you, and physicians to heal you, but He sends no one to take you. He reserves this job for Himself.

Quote:
Daily Devotional by Max Lucado
“the One who came still comes and the One who spoke still speaks”

June 20

Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.
John 7:37 (NCV)

God is a God who opens the door and waves His hand, pointing pilgrims to a full table.

His invitation is not just for a meal, however. It is for life. An invitation to come into His kingdom and take up residence in a tearless, graveless, painless world.

Who can come?
Whoever wishes.

The invitation is at once universal and personal.

Copyright (J. Countryman, 2004)
Max Lucado

Quote:
Today's My Utmost For His Highest
Oswald Chambers

June 20
Have You Come to "When" Yet?

The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends
Job 42:10

A pitiful, sickly, and self-centered kind of prayer and a determined effort and selfish desire to be right with God are never found in the New Testament. The fact that I am trying to be right with God is actually a sign that I am rebelling against the atonement by the Cross of Christ. I pray, "Lord, I will purify my heart if You will answer my prayer— I will walk rightly before You if You will help me." But I cannot make myself right with God; I cannot make my life perfect. I can only be right with God if I accept the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ as an absolute gift. Am I humble enough to accept it? I have to surrender all my rights and demands, and cease from every self-effort. I must leave myself completely alone in His hands, and then I can begin to pour my life out in the priestly work of intercession. There is a great deal of prayer that comes from actual disbelief in the atonement. Jesus is not just beginning to save us— He has already saved us completely. It is an accomplished fact, and it is an insult to Him for us to ask Him to do what He has already done.
If you are not now receiving the "hundredfold" which Jesus promised (see
Matthew 19:29 ), and not getting insight into God’s Word, then start praying for your friends— enter into the ministry of the inner life. "The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends." As a saved soul, the real business of your life is intercessory prayer. Whatever circumstances God may place you in, always pray immediately that His atonement may be recognized and as fully understood in the lives of others as it has been in yours. Pray for your friends now, and pray for those with whom you come in contact now.

SoCalAngel is offline   Reply With Quote