Go Back   Home Talk Entertainment Forums > Religion > Evangelical Christians

Evangelical Christians Share traditional Christian beliefs, inspirational stories, ideas, the Bible and more!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
vamccorv
Gold Member

Default "A Generation That Knew Not God"

ďA Generation That Knew Not GodĒ
Pastor Charles McKinney
The Hour of Salvation Radio Sermon
www.JesusChristBaptistChurch.net

Letís open our King James bibles today to the book of Judges Chapter 2 and weíll begin reading at verse 6. Judges 2:6 and we find these words ďAnd when Joshua had let the people go, the children of Israel went every man unto his inheritance to possess the land.
And the people served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the LORD, that he did for Israel.
And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the Lord, died, being an hundred and ten years old.
And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnath-heres, in the mount of Ephraim, on the north side of the hill Gaash.
And also that generation were gathered unto their fathers: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.Ē

Letís pray. Heavenly Father we thank thee for this day that you have given us and this opportunity once again to speak forth your word and we ask now in the name of Christ your Son our Savior that some soul would be saved from hell before itís everlastingly too late. In Jesus name we ask it. Amen.

The title of todayís message is ďA Generation That Knew Not GodĒ. We see there in Judges Chapter 2 in the latter part of verse 10; it says ďand there arose another generation after them, which knew not the LORD, or yet the works which he had done for Israel.Ē My friend this is possible...you say ďWhatís that?Ē For a generation to not know the Lord, for generations to not know God. We are right now living in the midst of a generation that doesnít even know how to be saved. Theyíre not even certain about what to do to be born again. There are some if you ask them what must you do to be saved, or what must you do to be born again theyíll tell you ďI go to church and I do the best that I can.Ē Theyíll tell you something about being actively involved in church activities. Theyíll tell you ďOh I was baptized. I believe if you get baptized and do the best you can.Ē I spoke to a man recently who told me that if you do the best you can thatís all that you can do and that would add up to your salvation. My friend you will die and burn in hell believing that.

Listen, the bible has a clear and explicit plan for salvation. And my friend we live in the midst of a generation that does not even know how to be saved and I believe itís due mostly to the parents. Thatís right. You see we as parents can live for God and teach our children the word of God and by an example we can live the word of God through application of what we read in our lives. And I know that itís possible for children to still go the other way, but fathers and mothers you must realize that you must do your part. You need to be sure that you did not contribute to a Christ less generation.

In the bible are many sad accounts of a following generation forsaking the Lord God and his word of truth. Itís one thing to forsake something that is merely a family tradition, but itís altogether another thing to forsake the truths of the word of God my friend. The souls of the children that you gave birth to may be in danger right now of going to hell; if that child, that boy that girl is not born again and they die they could go to hell my friend. Iím talking about kids who are passed the age of accountability. You say what age is that? It could be any age. Thereís no set age, no such thing as 10 or 12 or 11 or 9 or 13. No, the age of accountability is different in each child. As each child grows and progresses to a point where they know the difference between right and wrong, the difference between sin and what is holy, the difference between heaven and hell, my friend you have a child that is ready to be saved or a child that is ready to go to hell. Your childís soul, your teenager, your young adult, whoever, your souls are at stake my friend; that means that the risk is very high, extremely high, a height unknown; ďFor what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his soul?Ē Mark 8:36. So you see God is more concerned about your soul being saved than he is about entire world.

Listen, it is Satan, that great father of lies, who seeks to rob you of your eternal soul and lead you down into the pits of everlasting hell fire my friend never to raise your head above the agonies and eternal torments again. Listen donít go to hell my friend. The battle is raging at this very hour. While you are listening to me souls are perishing and going out into a devilís hell. Will you be next? I hope that you donít.

Listen, Satan is attempting to develop within you the next generation, young children; Satan wants you to develop an antichrist attitude. He wants you to reject Christ as your Lord and Saviour my friend. Satan wants you boys out there to be concerned about being cool and being hip, being bad, more so than being concern about living for God and getting your soul saved from hell. He puts peer pressure on you to cause you to do things that you ought not to do.

Listen young girls, Satan want you to get wrapped up in your looks let people tell you how pretty you are and sike you out and the next thing you know some guy will have you in bed and youíll be carrying his baby while the rest of the world laughs at you and God is angry at you. Listen young girl, the bible teaches that sex is for married people. Listen young man, do you understand that? Satan wants you to live with an attitude that you do what you want to do. Satan wants you to grow up believing that the bible is a myth and itís something that man made up and that we are all here and we should be governed by our own thoughts, no, thatís out of hell.

Satan is attempting to raise up the next generation as Christ less and as lost and as hopeless and as domed and dammed as the generation before them. Thatís right, thereís many in my own generation donít know anything about salvation. They donít know anything about holiness, nothing about separation from sin. They call things that are sin they call it righteous. They say that the Lord is in it. They say God is in this and God is in that. If they would read their bibles they would see it is out of hell. So there is no wonder that there are children coming up right now who donít know Christ, donít know how to be saved, donít know whatís sin and whatís not, thatís right.

Satan wants you to lie, he wants you to steal, cheat, he wants you to just sin, sin, sin my friend. He wants you to forget God and do your own thing. A generation that rose up after the generation that knew God here comes another generation that knew not the Lord. Thatís the way itís going to be here my friend, and we have already got off to a bad start, because as I have said already there are many in this generation that donít know God. So I feel extremely sorry for the children who grow up around parents where all they know is cussing and smoking, and beer drinking. Itís a shame; No example; contributing to the child spiritual delinquency. Thatís right.

Listen, there are some now who are the direct fault of the parents; children who are messed up, itís the direct fault of the parents, as in the case of Samuel. Turn over to 1 Samuel chapter 3 and find verse 13 there. Thatís in the Old Testament Samuel 3:13 It says here: ďFor I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.Ē Now who is he talking to? Heís talking to Eli. Heís speaking of Eli here. See it in verse 12? He said ďIn that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end. For I have told him (I have told Eli) that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.Ē Do you see that? Eli, a man of God, did not restrain his children.

What are you doing to contribute to the spiritual delinquency of your child? What are you doing to contribute to the damnation of your child? Thatís right, your actions, your attitudes, your speech, the things you do my friend; the things that you donít do; Listen, this things are going to help put your child in hell, thatís right. That little boy that you gave birth to and brought into this world and all you do is cuss and swear and smoke and drink beer around him you never take him to a good bible believing church. Listen, that boy will grow up and die and go to hell and itíll be your fault. Yes, part of it is going to be your fault. I realized that primarily each person must make their own choice after they have reached that age of accountability, but my friend the bible teaches us in Leviticus chapter 10 and verse 10 that we ought to teach our children, that we ought to put a difference between what is holy and unholy, between whatís clean and whatís unclean. Look at Leviticus 10:10 it says ďAnd that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean; And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statures which the LORD hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.Ē

You see God is expecting you and I as parents to teach our children, and to be an example to our children, and to restrain our children, not to let them just do anything you think that makes them happy. Whatever they think makes them happy doesnít mean its right with God my friend.

Look, whoís the boss in your house, your kids or you? Whoís the head of your home, the parents or the children? It should be the parents there my friend, and the husband should be the head of the wife. And of course I know thatís a big mess today too. There are many men who are nothing but wimps and puppet on strings because they are controlled by their wives and as a result the strong man of the house is tied down and Satan can easily come in amongst that wife and knock her head around and then cause the children to rebel because sheís out of her role, the father is out of his role and naturally the children are going to get out of their role. Look, contempt breeds contempt. Rebellion breeds rebellion. Thatís it, thatís the way the bible says it my friend. You reap what you sow and if your children are not in their proper roles it may be because the wife and the husband are not in their role. Youíre not being the proper example or youíre not restraining your child. And of course it may be you canít even restrain your wife I donít know my friend. But then there was Omri who taught Ahab to sin against God. You can find that over in 1 Kings Chapter 16. We wonít turn there for the sake of time, but you can turn over to 1 Kings 16 and look it up later and read verses 25 through 28.

And then there are some who were taught the right way but rejected it, thatís right. As Jehoram, turn over to 2 Chronicles 21:1 Now it says here ďNow Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And Jehoram his son reigned in his stead.Ē Now, letís go down here to about verse 5 it says ďJehoram was thirty and two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem. And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: (wickedly my friend) for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD.Ē Now Jehoshaphat was his father. Iím sure Jehoram was taught correctly. He knew what to do but he just rebelled. He went the wrong way. Now you are going to have some like that. Youíll teach them the right way and as they reach of age and they donít care anything about God themselves, they donít care anything about the word themselves, well, you canít do anything about it my friend; but what Iím talking about is you be sure that you are doing your part. You be sure that youíre not going to be held accountable when your child dies and spends an eternity screaming in oceans and rivers of liquid fire never to escape suffering throughout all the ages. Never get out of hell unless God dies which is a total impossibility my friend.

And then there are some like Rehoboam who were persuaded by those that they grew up with. Turn over to 1 Kings 12:1 It says ďAnd Rehoboam went to Shechem: for all Israel were come to Shechem to make him king. And it came to pass, when Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who was yet in Egypt, heard of it, (for he was fled from the presence of king Solomon, and Jeroboam dwelt in EgyptĒ Now, here we have Rehoboam the king here and they came to him and they asked him a question there in verse 4 it says: ďThy father made our yoke grievous: now therefore make thou the grievous service of thy father, and his heavy yoke which he put upon us, lighter, and we will serve thee.Ē Now this is what they spoke unto Rehoboam. And he said unto them ďÖDepart ye for three days, then come again to me. And the people departed.Ē And then we find here that king Rehoboam in verse 6 ďÖconsulted with the old men, that stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, and said, How do ye advise that I may answer this people? And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever. But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, (See that? He fled to counsel with those who had grown up with him, his buddies, his friends) and which stood before him: And he said unto them, What counsel give ye that we may answer this people, (Now, notice that. ďWeĒ) who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke which thy father did put upon us lighter? And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my fatherís loins. And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.Ē Do you see that? He was going to chastise them with scorpions. He said Iím going to get worst. My father might have been a little rough but Iím going to be worst my friend.

Now listen young man young girl, donít listen to your peer pressure. Donít listen to the kids that grow up with you. They donít know any more than you know. Just because their some smart aleck guy always running his mouth in your class or somebody on the football team that talks like he knows everything, that boy he donít know any more about life any more than you do. Heís the same age heís not that much smarter than you. No sir my friend. You better go to your parents. You better go to the word of God and see what the scripture have to say because your parents might be messed up. As I have said earlier we live in a day and time they are so I realize it may be rough on you. Listen, donít listen to your buddies you grew up with.

And then I thank God that there are children who will be the right way continue in it like Jehoshaphat did. Now Jehoshaphat was the son of Asa. Now Jehoshaphat he learned from what his father did. And he saw the right way of God and continued in that way. He chose in his own heart to live for God, thatís right young person. Youíve got to be concerned in your own heart that you want to live for God, thatís right. And then thank God that there are some children that though they have evil parents, parents who are no Godly examples yet somehow through the grace of God they follow the word of God as Asa did who was Jehoshaphatís father. Asa was the son of Abijam who was an evil wicked king but he didnít heed to his fatherís ways my friend. He didnít have a good example but he had Godís word. He had Godís word. He heeded the preachers my friend, the priests, the prophets.

Listen, you may be in a home where your father is a cussing, cigarette smoking, beer drinking, lying, fornicating, adulterer, or whatever; And your mother may not be much better or whatever, but I tell you what, you have Godís word. Get you a bible man. You can get a bible and sneak off in your room and read it. Listen, Godís word will do wonders for your soul. I know itís rough on a child when heís trying to live for God and his own parents donít care anything about his soul. I know that must be very tragic my friend.

Listen, I beg you, I beg you, I beg you to love Godís word young person. Get in the word. Find out what God says about how to be saved because the responsibility, I realize the responsibility to continue in the way of the Lord and to bring up our children the right way, that burden lies upon us as parents. We need to teach our children the correct way of God that they may miss hell. But young person as you become mature and you go out on your own itís going to be your own responsibility to continue in the way of the Lord as revealed in our King James Bibles, thatís right.

But parents let us be sure that we are not found at fault when our child dies and goes to hell. You donít want that. I beg you to put aside your denominational teachings and your preferences. Put aside what you think and get in the bible, the King James Bible, the word of God, and see what it has to say least you find your next generation of children to be a Christ less one, a domed and hopelessly dammed one. Can you imagine your child burning in the flames of hell throughout all eternity because you never took the time to sit down to teach your child the ways of God?

If your child turns out wrong, will they be able to honestly blame you for it? I know there are some of you out there at the sound of my voice your kids have already turned out wrong and you excuse yourself. ďI donít know whatís wrong with my boy or my girl I didnít raise them like that.Ē No, some of you did. Yes you did. You need to own up to it. You probably need to get saved yourself and repent for the way you brought your children up, and go to God and perhaps he might save that wicked boy or girl before itís eternally too late. You need to be honest with yourself.

Then there maybe some of you who did the best you could; you talked to your children about their soul and eternity my friend, and warned them, you lived the life before them, and youíve got several and maybe you got 5 children and 4 of them got saved praise God and one of them listen to the peer pressure and he went out into the world and heís out in sin now. Well, you just keep praying thatís all you can do about him. You canít make him do anything if heís out on his own now. But I want you to be sure that you teach your child what salvation is. A child must begin with that all important thing there, being saved.

The bible declares in Ephesians 2:8-9 it says ďFor by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.Ē Look at Ephesians chapter 2 verses 8 through 9. Look at it. Have you taught your child that he can be saved by grace through faith? Or are you teaching your child that they need to go to communion, and mass, and confessional? Listen, thatís not going to help your child now no sir. You need to bring that child to Christ through faith in the blood that was shed my friend. Teach that child what repentance means.

Mark chapter 1 verse 15 says; Jesus speaking ďÖrepent ye, and believe the gospel.Ē Jesus spoke again about repentance in Luke 13:3 He said ďÖexcept ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.Ē Look down at Luke chapter 3 and this time verse 5. He repeated himself for emphases sake. He said ďI tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.Ē Repent my friend and put your faith in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Itís that blood that was shed whereby we are saved my friend.

Look at Colossians 1:13 It says Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, thatís what your child needs: deliverance; from the power of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood my friend even the forgiveness of sins: Your child needs deliverance from darkness, redemption and forgiveness from sin which is through the blood. Donít teach your child that water baptism is salvation. Donít teach your child that tongues has anything to do with his salvation. Please donít teach your child that thereís no hell. Please donít teach your child to keep Ten Commandments to be saved. Please I beg you donít teach your child ďJust go to church Henry and do the best that you can and Bill and Johnny Boy and Suzie.Ē Donít tell them that. Donít teach them to do the best that they can, go to church and Sunday school. Theyíll die and burn forever in a devilís hell by going on what you say. Listen, teach them what God said. God said to repent, put your faith in the blood of his dear son to deliver them from darkness, from the power of Satan, from the power of sex, sin, fornication, adultery, drugs, rock music my friend.

Listen, you want deliverance for your child? They must begin by salvation. Jesus said in John 3:3 except you be born again you cannot see the Kingdom of God my friend. It said you must be born again. John 3:7 you must be born again and you are born again the moment you repent and put your faith in the precious blood that Christ shed upon the cross.

Our last scripture, Revelation chapter 1 and verse 5 it says ďAnd from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,Ē Please tell your children the truth of salvation.

Young child, adult, why donít you right if you are lost now bow your head and close your eyes, humble yourself down before God and right now tell him you are repenting of your sins, youíre sorry for all your sins and rejecting his son. And tell him right now that for the first time in your life youíre placing all your faith in the blood that he shed on the cross and youíre trusting in that and that alone to save you, not works, but just faith in the blood. You pray that prayer and mean it. God will save you now and heíll save you to the utmost. Heíll give you eternal life youíll never lose it my friend; if you can lose it, its temporary life. Please donít put it off because this time tomorrow you may have already died and been in the hot fires of a devils hell for this is the hour of your salvation.

www.JesusChristBaptistChurch.net

vamccorv is offline   Reply With Quote