Default Happy Turkey Day

Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #53
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

Default 5 more days until 360

Old 11-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #54
Lindi
Platinum Member

Hello, everyone, especially GreenAlice who made it happen! I am so excited to be back with all of you!

I love what I've seen so far of the newest DH in Martha's Vineyard and I can't wait to see more on December 2. Of course I couldn't afford it, but that doesn't make any difference in how much I enjoy the dream of winning.

Is it okay to mention the newest HGTV Smart Home here? Usually I feel like the only person on HGTV's blogs who posts misgivings, but this SH is drawing lots of unimpressed comments. For once, I am the person reading those comments instead of posting them.

P.S. YAY, I just posted and I see my avatar is still with me!

Last edited by Lindi; 11-27-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: happy to see my avatar on my first new post. :)
Old 11-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #55
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

Default 4 more days to the 360

Old 11-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #56
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Talking ONLY 3 DAYS!!!

Welcome back to the board Lindi! Wonderful to see you again....the more dreamers sharing the dream the better...

Many thanks to you SendChocloate for keeping the count going....

Old 11-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #57
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Default TWO TWO TWO!!!!

Old 11-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #58
Lindi
Platinum Member

TWO DAYS!!

I posted a link to this thread from the HGTV Dream Home Blog. Maybe some will join us! Some people gave up on the blog and went to Facebook, but I steer clear of FB.

Last edited by Lindi; 11-30-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #59
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Thanks Lindi....I put a mention of it in a reply to your post but I know not everyone reads all the replys....I guess since I started MBing 10 years ago, I have never felt a desire to have a different format of chatting....I liked hgtv because it was more topic specific, so I could post on a forum about one general topic and not have to shuffle through a billion things under the sun....
better time management imho.

Would be fun to snag a few more dreamers on board the dreamhome ferry to Marthas Vineyard!

I can't wait to play with the 360!!!! Information says our ferry can hold 400 dreamers!!!

Old 11-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #60
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Ooooh thanks Lindi I forgot to look at the smarthome for next year....I so loved the very first SH and it's rather been hit or miss since with me....wasn't last year the very techy home and Linda and Jack were edited out of the special? Maybe that was 2 years back, I recall a ton of tvs.....
Old 12-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #61
Lindi
Platinum Member

I don't remember a special where Jack and Linda were edited out!

Last year's did have a lot of TVs and this one will, too. It's fine with me, though. I would set them up two-by-two, side-by-side to see the same show, with one TV set up for closed captioning so I could catch any dialog I might miss. I used to be able to rewind and press a button for closed captioning, but there are so many steps and menus nowadays to enable that, and I need it rarely enough that I can never remember how to do it without going to the manual. Sometimes technology makes things harder.

Anyway, green is what is smart--without that, it's just weird toys.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #62
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Talking The Dreamhome will be 360...tommorow! :)

Get ready dreamers.....

Old 12-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #63
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Thumbs up

Lindi has been exploring the smiley database.... Hopefully we shall have much to smile about tomorrow! And they don't make us wait til later in the day.....
Old 12-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #64
Lindi
Platinum Member

We have an answer to what color is the bed: Aqua!

How adorable is this?!?

http://vimeopro.com/dnawinter/dna-flynnside
Old 12-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #65
Lindi
Platinum Member

GreenAlice, I love our very last count down picture. I don't know how you find such cute pictures!
Old 12-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #66
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Oh just a google expert .....learned how to do 10 years ago in the Dreamhome CoffeeShop at HGTV MB's..... So have perfected the craft...haha...

Oooooh blue beds, who knew? Well NOW I know where that bed(s) goes....was hoping the master would get a big brown or black version....doubt Linda would duplicate between bedrooms.

Does that video mean Bryan Flynn is going to be our host? I still miss Joan....
Old 12-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #67
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Talking Where oh where is our 360?

Ok GreenALice has been surfing the hgtv site and NO 360 up yet....but they do have several decorated videos which is quite awesome but I want my 360!!! Must go get work done and hopefully it will appear....what a beautiful mostly blue toned home! WOO HOO!

http://www.hgtv.com/design/hgtv-drea...-videos-videos
Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #68
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Well that's odd I could not find link on blog or mainpage but when googled for 2015 360 there it was!

http://www.hgtv.com/design/hgtv-dream-home

Off to explore BBL, have fun dreamers.....let's see what Linda came up with this year!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #69
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

OMG I'm in love the dog house... it's just to cute!!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #70
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Hi Send! Dog house? Must look for that....I am only half done exploring, love the Master suite, EXCEPT that art piece, but Linda and I never seem to agree on modern art. Easy Peasy to pick something else there....what windows and light throughout! I love all the weathered wood too.....fun fun fun.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #71
GreenAlice
Silver Member

You are so right it's a keeper....might even have to get a dog! :P

I didn't go outside yet....must explore outdoor shower.....did notice couch in great room was very light colored....too bad she didn't go blue on that big piece....maybe it's that indoor outdoor fabric for wear, tear and sand.

Saw access panel to attic in MB closet but maybe it's a round about access to basement... Someone has to venture inside....Where is Mr. Bill when we need him?!?!?!?!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #72
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

So much white... I am going to have to be careful. Chocolate and white don't go together very well.. All is so pretty.. well except the pink walls in the kids room. Maybe it will grow on me.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #73
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendchocolate View Post
So much white... I am going to have to be careful. Chocolate and white don't go together very well.. All is so pretty.. well except the pink walls in the kids room. Maybe it will grow on me.
Hee hee that MUST be what I was thinking subconsciously....and I like mine dark...guess it should have been dark brown....guess there are always slip covers!!! So where should one stash their chocolate hoard?!?!?!

So many nooks and crannies to explore!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #74
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Oh and I agree, the kids room is my least favorite for color scheme....but I think I really like the bathroom isn't it seagreen hues?

Darn someone just came to door and told me a water main broke down street now I have to quick get some water run and dinner prepped washwise....sigh....BBL
Old 12-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #75
Lindi
Platinum Member

I am in love with the whole thing! No kids, don't care, I LOVE the kids suite. Of course, I do love pink. That bathroom is adorable. Love the mirror frame.

But blue is my go to color. It feels like the whole thing was designed just for me.

My 'puter struggles so much with the bells and whistles, it has taken me hours to get though all of the 360s. I have to resize everything via multiple steps and stop sometimes to tell it to get rid of temporary files. 'Puter is 15 years old and lacks RAM.

Alice, I think the reason you were having trouble finding the 360s originally is that they have retitled things. Now Tours means videos. 360s seems to be its own name.

Check out the mirrors in the master suite in the 360s. Doesn't it look like they used antique glass?? Not flattering to the face! Or is that just so odd that I have to be mis-seeing it?

Okay, I'm going back in to look at the videos. Don't know if that will be easy or take hours.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #76
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Was thinking I really love the rug in kids room...if I painted the stripes a beige and the beds chocolate brown that room would be nice....well with blue accents I guess to mix with the bath....I LOVE that mirror in bathroom....ok well lets at least paint the stripes a seagreen and leave the beds blue...done.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #77
Lindi
Platinum Member

I think most people will redecorate the kids room, but it is just my cup of tea. Speaks to the hippie vibe in me.

Every year I buy one thing to celebrate my being the winner of the current DH. This year's buy is a pink "glass" I just picked up at Starbucks with a bright green top. Their mermaid reminds me of me because of the long hair, and these startling colors will go perfectly with the kids room decor. When I want to spin for joy in that room, the lid will come in handy.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #78
Lindi
Platinum Member

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hgtv-d...144500065.html
Old 12-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #79
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

I love the white mirror in the kids bathroom too. If I won that would be one of the things I would keep after selling the house.

Anyone else unable to open the "Piece of the dream" link? Every time I click on it it says "Page not found". Been checking it about every hour thinking they would fix it. Then it occurred to me that maybe it is just me.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #80
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Where is the piece of the dream link Send? I will have to set aside time to do research tomorrow....sigh....Lindi needs to buy a new puter with the proceeds of winning the dreamhome.... and YES that mirror is a keeper good thing to take with when walking away....course wonder if I could spend a summer there on vaca with $250,000 cash....then sell.

Can just see you dancing about in the kids room Lindi, Ok that is YOUR space...when you visit ME in my dreamhome.... Seriously, thanks for that super article link!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #81
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

Nevermind.. it is working now.

I very rarely dislike anything in these dream homes but one thing that would have to go and go fast if I won would be that anchor over the guest bed.. YUCK Did you notice it has light bulbs all over it. What's up with that??
Old 12-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #82
GreenAlice
Silver Member

oh I found it, and voted thanks....that anchor is probably an antique sign and it's rather rough but somehow I like it better in that space than the art in the MB.....think a waterfront landscape painting would be better suited to stare at from lying in bed.... I need to look beyond the replaceable art....but it sometimes jumps out as ewwwwwwwww.

I LOVE the green door and shutters, they looked almost black in early pics but are a nice shade.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #83
GreenAlice
Silver Member

YIPPEE While I am NOT a fan of tvs over fireplaces, I explored that room today and now see there are doors to close over tv! I do wish the couch and upholstered white chairs were a blue or a deeper color, it is overall quite WHITE.....'specially at the dining table.....no eating there! Think I will go play in the kitchen now....can't see inside garage can we?
Old 12-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #84
sendchocolate
Bronze Member

Go to the 360 page and click on Photos at the top of the page, then scroll down till you see the one that says Garage. Only shows 3 pictures of the inside. Not that much to see. Only a one car garage and a tight fit at that.

I think I would have to use the garage to store all that outdoor furniture. If I left stuff like that around my house it would be gone in less then a week
Old 12-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #85
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Thanks Send, will go look....good thinking, surely that would not survive the winter outdoors well....but there is that storm cellar doors to basement that they MIGHT address in Jan 1 special, maybe some of the chairs and smaller items can stow down there, sure hope so, if there in winter would NEED that garage for car.....and I guess one only needs ONE car on an island!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #86
GreenAlice
Silver Member

So I watched the outdoor video and WOW I did not realize just how many chairs tables and padding there was....it would NOT even all fit in Garage if you didn't park there....they sure scanned by that storm cellar door outside MB porch.....wonder just how much basement there really is....but thinking its function being there vs an interior stair is that it isn't too big, but does allow for some winter furniture storage? Maybe they all come with Dreamhome furninture covers....and we just have to stow the cushions.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #87
Lindi
Platinum Member

sendchocolate, the anchor troubled me, too, because it is a hard pointed object above a bed, and I live where the ground rumbles. Looking at it there, I kept involuntarily wincing over imaginary danger. The artwork in the master bedroom is jarring to me, and mentally I had tried the anchor over that mantle. Nope, right colors, but too rustic for such an elegant space.

So, I don't know where either the anchor or the master bedroom picture might wind up if I won and kept it, but I know they would move! I actually like the anchor, but it hasn't found its virtual place yet. The painting isn't for me, but maybe I would like it better than some of the other art work. Its hard to tell without seeing things close up.

I liked the shapes and colors of the three painting hung vertically in the master bath until I saw them close up. Nope. They have to go. Maybe hang a small mirror there since the mirrors over the sinks are indeed antiqued?
Old 12-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #88
Lindi
Platinum Member

http://www.ethanallen.com/on/demandw...v#q=hgtv&sz=60

This is handy for quick access to information on all of the items from Ethan Allen, and I enjoy seeing it includes the floral arrangements, for example. I like to check measurements on different things when I am considering rearranging. I just love the dressers on either side of the front door, so I had considered putting them in the bedroom. No, they are staying put. But I found out that the bedroom dressers were available in a soft blue. Maybe I could refinish them to that color. I saw the blue version in an EA picture that had the same lovely drapes we have in the bedroom.

I just love that this year we don't have the usual boring white drapes dropping starkly from the tip tip of the ceiling. I am so thrilled we have beautiful crown moulding.

So what do you both like best in the current round of the Piece of the Prize sweepstakes? For me its the pale green duvet and shams from the master bedroom. I'm still not sure if I am disqualifying myself. The first few days I feel certain my vote went over 10 votes. Today I voted twice, but that was only because I accidentally mistyped my email address so it wanted me to reregister. Instead, I shut it down and went back a second time. Every day, I do something goofy. Well, when the big prizes come up I hope I will be a practiced hand at it.

Oh! And Thanks, Alice, for wishing me a new computer! Just yesterday I finally finished going through all of the pictures!
Old 12-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #89
Lindi
Platinum Member

Nice picture of how the turquoise bed could have been dressed if we had gotten it in the natural wood color for the master. Would have worked well in the house, too, because the color has a little bit of driftwoodiness to it.
http://www.ethanallen.com/en_US/shop...#sz=60&start=1
Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #90
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Ooooh Lindi I like! That would look awesome in the Master Bedroom with the other furniture in there.....and if she had used them in the Kids bedroom in that color and toned down the walls even better....I know that is where she always uses splashes of brightness....and more so in kids rooms I get that.

But somehow the kid room existing colors don't go together for my visual taste.....

Thanks for the Ethan Allen Link hope to play there later!

Maybe we can repurpose the anchor by the outdoor shower?!?!?!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #91
Lindi
Platinum Member

That room is getting brighter every time I look at it! And I know this is a strange thing to say, but it feels to me as if she didn't really commit to the pink. There it is BANG on the walls and then just a bit in the quilt.

I would take down the three green mirrors hanging in a vertical row. I don't like that three-same-things-in-a-vertical-row pretty much ever, and it just is too much to see over and over.

For me, the rug is yet another color, even though it is neutral. I think the EA plush rug with a combination of pink strands in the color called Bubble Gum would actually make the room quieter because it would be more cohesive. I think it lands in the color space between the two pinks.

When Linda talks about layering color, I think she may be saying she kept trying to find a way to calm it down. Nope, not yet.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #92
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Layering color eh.....well I think if it is well layered one's eye would be at ease as it surveyed room as a whole, and only upon sitting and enjoying that space would one even SEE the layering and detail.....the textures.....and what makes it tic. When I add something to a room I want it to add, not stand out or detract....but nice for the eye to have balance to land where it will and not specific places that shout attention and compete for each other.

Most often I have to bring the actual item into the room and get a feel for it's impact vs being a designer and visualizing it with assurance before hand.

I LOVE that rug.....in kids room....silly but I want to make the room work WITH it.....as I already know no one in my home would go for that color scheme.... Think I saw the coral/pinky hue in a throw somewhere too....I have been to Martha's vineyard only once...and recall way back they had several very nice artful décor stores....I still have a set of lladro fishies I bought there I will have to dig out while I dream on this home...
Old 12-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #93
GreenAlice
Silver Member

SO yes I agree a perky fun rug would help tie that space together better....
Old 12-11-2014, 07:32 PM   #94
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Pretty new DETAIL pictures up....nice and up close....check 'em out....

http://www.hgtv.com/design/hgtv-drea...-2015-pictures
Old 12-19-2014, 05:30 AM   #95
Lindi
Platinum Member

Sort of off topic, but another house is being given away on The Doctors show. The code word for this week's entry is PAINT. You have to enter that before Sunday midnight Eastern time. I would post the link, but my computer gets upset. Takes me an hour each week to get my own entry in. But just google for The Doctors Healthy Home sweepstakes and you are bound to find it.

It is in Irvine, CA. I think Lennar doesn't really want to donate it so they have a weird rule where you are not allowed to sell it for two years. If you can't hang on that long, you can take the cash option that I think is $400,000 instead of the house.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #96
Lindi
Platinum Member

Don't forget to set your DVRs to watch the "Behind the Build" show on the DIY channel tonight at 11:00 p.m. Eastern/Pacific!

http://www.diynetwork.com/behind-the...015/index.html

We're getting close to entering!

Editing to say I just went to my own DVR to set it and discovered this show is also playing at 8:00 p.m. Pacific tonight on my Comcast cable system.

Last edited by Lindi; 12-26-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #97
AdaGertrude
Elite Member

Master area was my fave of the Martha's Vineyard Dreamhome.

My all time fave DH was the Lake Lure location!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 PM   #98
GreenAlice
Silver Member

Just watched and had not noticed the cool arched ceiling in Master Bath, I love that end of the house best too....very little Jack and Linda, least amount of their comments yet....sigh....

I am unsure about the wooden countertop in kitchen, I can see self being wary to work on that space.....would prefer something a bit harder wearing...

Will watch again but need to zip through all the local chit chat and bldg. stuff and that doesn't leave much to see we didn't see in the 360....did they even mention the basement and outdoor door access in the bldg. segments?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:18 PM   #99
crowjane
Double Platinum Member

I watched I really like this home, it's bright and open.
The kitchen counter top is mahogany, they build wooden boats with mahogany so I would think with a bit of care it would do fine in a kitchen application.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #100
Fender
Presidential Member

Love the house.

Would turn the master closets (at least one of them, likely both) into office.
While the master suite is beautiful, I'd rather have a smaller bathroom, smaller closet, and an office or den or workout space. I'm more practical I guess.

I'm not a fan of the wood countertop in kitchen. I've had wood countertops. They suck. People will cut on them despite being told not too. Burn marks from hot pots. It can be sanded out somewhat, but it's not a durable surface. While I didn't have issues with water damage, my friend did with her wood counters. It's pretty though. Easy enough to update if ever the need arises.

Love the openness and colors. We have similar colored walls in our master and I'd love the bedspread of the guest room.

Kiddo is making plans to move. Haha. The optimism of an 8 yr old.

Last edited by Fender; 01-04-2015 at 02:21 PM.