PDA

View Full Version : Our favorite Susan Comish Santa print, girls!

tiedye
10-14-2006, 03:42 PM
I was walking by Kirklands this morning and happened to look in and I saw the Santa print that we all love where old timey Santa is wearing spectacles and he has the strap of sleigh bells slung over his shoulder. So of course I had to go in and gaze at it. It was the huge one.

I can't remember who originally had it over their fireplace two or three years ago when we all fell in love with it. Someone will remember. . . .

Anyway, I stood there like a silly, emotional woman with my eyes full of tears because it reminded me of how long some of us have been together.

So MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS!!!

tiedye
10-14-2006, 03:43 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Susan-Comish/St-Nick-Print-C10346807.jpeg

tiedye
10-14-2006, 03:44 PM
By the way, they also had another, smaller print by Loretta Comish (interesting, huh) that I loved as well. In fact, I thought about getting this one because I think my boys might like it better. Try to guess why:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Susan-Comish/Santa-Print-C12037571.jpeg

catiecupcake
10-14-2006, 03:47 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWW...I have a collection of Santa. Each year I buy a new one...I just LOVE those prints. :)

nanny55
10-14-2006, 04:04 PM
I have a collection of Santas too...
I think I will put them out this year
on top of my bookcases...

nanny55
10-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I love Santa prints too...good memories come to mind..

Nancy in ME
10-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I have a Santa collection too. And I was looking at that first print at Kirklands a couple weeks ago. I almost bought it for Don as a "day after Thanksgiving" surprise but I wasn't sure where we'd put it here. And it would be one more thing to store... but I just love it!!! :)

kayhil
10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I saw those last week and didn't get it but plan on going back. I collect santa pictures and figurines. I think I have about 21 pictures and about 18 or so figurines. Oh wow, I really don't need anymore! But I want that one!!

joyful
10-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Cute...I like the second one with the little mouse in his pocket!

cactus
10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh tie I am so glad you posted these prints...I remember those from several years ago. And went to Kirklands and out of stock. Now they have them and I am like Nancy it would be just one more thing to move.
I'll bookmark the artist on art.com for a save. Thanks tie

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I remember him....I can't remember who had him over the mantle but, it sure looked good.....I can't wait to see Tooties Mantle.....I was thinking about it today...can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....:laugh2:

tiedye
10-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Where in the heck IS Tootie, anywaysies? Do you know that I have her mantle from last year (or was it year before.....) saved in my pics so I can copy it on my mantle!!!

cactus
10-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I do too and I was thinking about her mantle when I was shopping. It is so funny how y'all just keep poppinh up in my mind.

tootie girl come show everyone your gorgeous mantle. think I'll PM her

TxA$$ Wildflower
10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
tie, my 2 year old GD would love that pic of Santa with the mouse in his pocket. I wish you could see and hear her do my rendition of 3 blind mice....lol.... I am full of drama and she is such a copycat.....lol.... I had planned on going to Kirkland's but got waylaid at Hobby Lobby for 2 1/2 hours if you can believe.....lol.... I'll tell you why I got waylaid at HL for such a long time......remember Cattknap's Candyland Christmas tree in her kitchen. Well, I think I bought enough ornaments today to fill in the gap to have a pretty tree for my kitchen/breakfast/TV room. I think Ava will be thrilled. I know I certainly will. I know it is no where near Christmas but I want to put my tree up NOW....lol.... (The Christmas ornaments are 50% off today I know for sure at HL. I am not sure how they run their specials). Dadgummit....why did they have to go and build a Garden Ridge so close to my house. Mantra: "I am going to wait a few days before perusing that store.....lol...."

tie, thanks for the heads up about the Loretta Comish Santas.

Susan

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Where in the heck IS Tootie, anywaysies? Do you know that I have her mantle from last year (or was it year before.....) saved in my pics so I can copy it on my mantle!!!

shhhhh don't tell her....but, I have it too....I like how we are ALL going to have the same mantle this year LOL.....I'm sure she'll appreciate that :nervous: LOL

denise232521
10-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Omigosh, guys, would you believe that it was ME that originally found that at Kirklands and showed the mantle picture on HGTV. Seriously! We had a stone fireplace in our old house.

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Omigosh, guys, would you believe that it was ME that originally found that at Kirklands and showed the mantle picture on HGTV. Seriously! We had a stone fireplace in our old house.

see what you've don? seriously, if you do a search you'll see that pic and topic has been brought up a few times....so since you started this trend I think you should buy the entire board one :popworm:

LOL

Cattknap
10-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh those are wonderful!

denise232521
10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Was this it? This was my fireplace in my old house.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/denise232521/ChristmasMantle.jpg

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 08:44 PM
BUSTED... :lmao:

that is BEAUTIFUL Denise.....so where are you putting him at this year?

TxA$$ Wildflower
10-14-2006, 09:19 PM
tie, bad girl bad girl....lol.... Guess where I went??? Yep, we have a brand new Kirkland's Home Store..... Guess what I bought???? Yep.... I bought both of them.... I am going to try them out. Where are they now??? Still in the car of course....lol.... I will try them out in the light of day, tomorrow...

This has been a good day for me but a bad day for my pocketbook. I started out at 9:55 going to 1-800-Flowers, then I was going to Salvation Army to buy up some jeans to send to a girl scout troop so they can make rag throws for charity. Uh uh, I got waylaid. I saw a sign that said ESTATE SALE. When I see a sign that says the above, my car immediately takes all control away from me.....lol.... Did not think I would buy anything....lol.... Look what negative thinking does....lol.... Well the car was still driving itself and drove over to Hobby Lobby after my jean buying spree at the Salvation Army. I spent 2 & 1/2 hours at Hobby Lobby. I am now ready to fix up my little Candyland tree like Cattknap has.... This will be for my kitchen... Merry Christmas!!!

Don'cha know this works up the appetite all this spending money....lol.... I ended up having a nice meal at a Chinese buffet place.... Then I come home, change clothes, get online and read what tie has to say. She's a bad bad girl!!!....lol.... Bad influence.... I change clothes go to Kirkland's make my purchases and here I am back again.

You'd think I would be tired. Nope. I am so glad I am not thinking ahead about the next place I can go spend money. Nuh uh!!! Dang, Garden Ridge go somewhere else and haunt someone else....lol....

I better go see what is on TV.....lol...

Susan

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Susan, you poor thing...stay away from that bad Tie and Catt monsters...just look what they have done to you :lmao:

do we get to see pics of the tree that Catt made you buy? :naughty:

Mags
10-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Why are yall doing this to me? The adrenalin is going bonkers now. Santa pictures, pretty fireplaces and Susans on a roll shopping and typing funny and I cant read fast enough to catch up with all the excitement.

Why did I go to Sams. If I had been good and stayed home I could have been here to read about the HL sale, got over there and racked up on some ornaments.

How long is Kirklands open LOL

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Mags it's been total torture....oh and if you want to finish it off, just go look at Denise's pics....but, I'm warning you....make sure you take a BIG drool rag....you are going to need it :684:

denise232521
10-14-2006, 11:38 PM
BUSTED... :lmao:

that is BEAUTIFUL Denise.....so where are you putting him at this year?

I'm a little overwhelmed thinking of decorating for Christmas this year. I mean, in the other house it had become so easy because everything had it's place, you know. I'm still trying to decide where I'll put the Christmas tree this year. At any rate, he'll probably go over the fireplace in the family room, so we can enjoy him the most there. Though, I walk through the formal living room to get to the master bedroom, so I'd enjoy him over that fireplace, too. Maybe I should go buy another one. :)

DesignerWannaB
10-14-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm a little overwhelmed thinking of decorating for Christmas this year. I mean, in the other house it had become so easy because everything had it's place, you know. I'm still trying to decide where I'll put the Christmas tree this year. At any rate, he'll probably go over the fireplace in the family room, so we can enjoy him the most there. Though, I walk through the formal living room to get to the master bedroom, so I'd enjoy him over that fireplace, too. Maybe I should go buy another one. :)

Oh yes....that beautiful home deserves a Christmas tree in every room.....don't you worry Denise, we'll help you shop :07: you wouldn't be interested in a candyland tree would you? :nervous:

TxA$$ Wildflower
10-15-2006, 11:52 AM
DWB, you are bad or worst than tie or Catt...lol... You are actually egging me on... Shame on you...lol... Talk about looking at monsters, look at yourself.....lol... Bad Bad DWB....lol... Now you are working on "poor" denise....

~I am such an angel, Susan~

DesignerWannaB
10-15-2006, 11:58 AM
DWB, you are bad or worst than tie or Catt...lol... You are actually egging me on... Shame on you...lol... Talk about looking at monsters, look at yourself.....lol... Bad Bad DWB....lol... Now you are working on "poor" denise....

~I am such an angel, Susan~

No lets go back and be mad at Tie and Catt :bigeyes: lol